- Make a quilt for Elliot
- Edit all our home videos with iMovie and post them on YouTube for the family to see
- Go to the Apple store for some One:One training on how to use iMovie
- Get caught up on my DVR recordings
- Rent all the cheesy chick flicks, and Disney movies that Jed would endure watching with me but would not enjoy...so I thought I could get them out of the way while he was at work.
- Finish some other craft projects that have been lingering for longer than two years.
- Take naps
- work out and get my rockin' body back ;)
- Read a book
- Re-pot one of my house plants
- Have the house clean and dinner ready when Jed got home from work
Guess how many of those things I've been able to do in the last six weeks? Well, I have a quilt top done for Elliot, but that is because my mom helped me with the hard parts while she was here. I've been able to read 1.5 books, which is kind of a big deal since I am usually in school and I don't have time to read anything (really I just don't want to because I am too tired). Taking a nap hasn't happened, because by the time I get the laundry changed and eat breakfast/lunch/dinner Elliot is ready to eat again. My DVR keeps backing up and I haven't rented any movies yet...you have to leave the house to rent a movie, except with netflix, but I keep forgetting to update our Que to add all those cheesy movies. As far as having the house clean and dinner ready for Jed when he gets home...I think it is an unrealistic goal and it probably won't ever happen.
After a few weeks off this is my realistic To Do list:
- Feed Elliot
- Eat Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner & snacks in between
- Remember to get a glass of water, my phone, the iPad/book, and TV remote before sitting down to feed Elliot ---because once I am down I am pretty much grounded and it can be really boring staring at the wall while he is chowing down.
- Brush my teeth---at one time I had the high expectation to shower everyday...but that was too much. I may actually be able to reapproach that goal now that Elliot and I have got a better routine.
- change out of my bathrobe---even if it is just into yoga pants
- Then if any time is left over I can reapproach my previous list of things to do.
So that is why I have been away, which I am sure I don't need to explain, most of you reading this have gone through this stage of life and probably even tried to warn me about it...but we all have to learn our own way.
Elliot is growing everyday! I don't know how big he is but I know he is out grown 90% of his newborn clothes. That is sad to see those little outfits be put away, I don't want him to grow up but at the same time I want him to grow up more than anything...no offense but newborns are kind of boring, Elliot is not much of a conversationalist. He is however, very alert and always wide eyed and watching me. He wants to see everything and I can see his little eyes watching and learning new things everyday.
This could be argued that it is a picture of a gassy baby, but he was smiling and I am claiming this as his first Captured Smile!