Sunday, November 7, 2010

How Great Shall Be Your Joy


Today is a lazy Sunday. It is snowing out side...you can't really see it in the picture above, but we are just hanging out and enjoying our fire place.


I have something to share with you. Since I moved away from Utah, I have really missed all my friends. It took me a while to make friends here in Alaska and most of my friends are also my co-workers. A little while ago I was particularly missing my good friends who are also members of the LDS faith. I missed having someone to talk to about spiritual things and who understood and respected my faith. Well, I prayed that I could find a friend in my ward or someone who was a member of the church to be friends with...But it seems the Lord can answer your prayers in ways that you are not expecting. He answered my prayer, in a way I really wasn't expecting.

I have a good friend (who I'll refer to as J) who started asking me questions about my religion about 10 months ago. She was going through a rough time and I volunteered Jed to give her a blessing. Which she accepted. We shared some things about the church and gave her a Book of Mormon. I didn't hear any other questions or bring up the church for a long time...It wasn't until I started praying a couple weeks ago that my friend J told me she was reading the Book of Mormon. I was really excited to hear that she was reading and that she had questions. She asked me more questions and we talked for a long time. I felt horrible when I didn't pick up on her hints about wanting to come to church with me. She first asked where the church was, then she asked what time it started, what people wore to church...and finally I caught on and asked her if she wanted to come with us on Sunday. So now J has been to church twice and we had the missionaries teach her the first lesson at our place. It is incredible to hear her talk about the things she is learning. She is very interested and wants to continue coming to church, and hearing the missionaries lessons. It is an amazing experience for me to help answer questions. And now I have a friend who is learning about the church and who wants to asks me questions about spiritual things, and who is learning more about my faith. I know He answers our prayers!

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome experience! That would be hard not to have friends that believed the same way as you. I'm just used to Utah Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad that your prayers have been answered, and hopefully your friend's search for truth will be met with answers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah! That is amazing. What a cool experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing! I prayed for friends my own age when we were in UT. I mean I had a lot of friends that were older with grown or high school kids but I wanted some with kids my own age. Well we moved to Alaska and got all my own age friends now! So we never know exactly how the Lord will answer those prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray for a friend close to my faith as well. God hasn't answered it yet, but it's good that it has happened to you because it gives me hope. <3 ya :)

    ReplyDelete