- There are always airplanes in the air, everywhere! Big ones, Super air force jet ones, little beaver planes, floating in the air, silent ones. From my front door I've seen the airforce jets take off like in TOP GUN doing all sorts of twists and turns, it's like a mini air show. I love airplanes! It reminds me of the bright yellow crop duster that used to fly over our house at 7am all summer long. I often see commercial airlines and think of the people on board, where they are going, who they are visiting...it's just a fun little imagination game for me to keep me occupied during the day. The other part I think is funny is airplanes in Alaska have the right away! So if you are driving and you see a plane coming down the road you better move! I hope that happens someday!
- They often have warning announcemnets at my work about the mama & baby moose in the parking lot, and sometimes I can watch them from my office window.
- Because I can drive about 5 miles under the speed limit and not get annoyed, inconvienienced or impatient. Life moves at a slightly slower pace and no one is in a hurry to get where they are going. People drive the speed limits...actually most drive under the speed limit.
- (Somedays are a stretch...but...) It's illegal for a vessel with rats on it to enter alaskan waters...so no Rats! YAY!
- I have the opportunity to try things I'd never do in Utah...like go to a bar! I found out that you need your ID to get into the bar even if you're not drinking. I discovered this out after we walked two blocks in the rain...Jed didn't realize really how naive and sheltered my life has been until now.
There are many more but I really LOVE Alaska today because:
6. THERE ARE NO SNAKES!!! None! They don't live here! YAY!I will continue to keep track of the reasons why I love Alaska and when I get some good ones I will let you know! Maybe you will all want to move here ;)
Love you all and miss you!