Sunday, May 9, 2010

I Never Doubted!

To My Wonderful Mother who always told me "You can have it all!"

Alma 56:47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

Alma 56:48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.


Many years ago my mother gave me the advice that I didn't have to choose between serving the Lord and either finishing my college education or getting married. She encouraged me to serve the Lord and told me that 'I could have it all'. She said "why can't you get married or graduate from college after you go on a mission?" In many other ways she was there for me and always offered equally valuable advice. She was often awake late at night when I returned from a date or when I was out with friends. She has always been my close friend that I was excited to share my life with, and she shared the excitement with me.
Now that I am far away from her it is hard not to get crazy home-sick. I miss having lunch with my mom on her lunch break at the hospital...or just driving to town to get a coke, or sometimes joining in with my siblings to tease her. Her advice that I could have it all has turned out to be true. I served an LDS mission for 18 months and I married a wonderful man who loves the Lord and was able to take me to the temple...And I am working hard to finish my college degree!
I love you Mom! And I Never doubted you knew!

Happy Mother's Day


And to my mother-in-law who raised the perfect man, well at least my perfect man and who has turned out to be the most amazing husband ever! He helps me with everything and when I asked where he learned how to do something he always says "My mom taught me." Thank you Myrna for raising the man of my dreams!

2 comments:

  1. That was a very cute tribute to your mom. :) And yes, you can have it all! What good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah, I love you also and you deserve it all. we'll see you soon. love mom

    ReplyDelete